Frequently Asked Questions about Realstar
How can Realstar charge such a low commission?
Realstar Realty is real estate done smarter. We are similar to your favorite discount superstore – we sell the same product as our competitor but at a more affordable price. Since our commission is less than traditional real estate companies, more sellers choose to list their homes with us. We can afford to charge less because we sell more homes!
Additionally, real estate marketing costs have dropped considerably because so much is being done online today. We pass those savings on to you. The Internet has essentially ‘leveled’ the playing field for independent brokers like Realstar. We list your home on the same MLS as the franchises plus dozens of other real estate websites. You get the same online presence as a traditional real estate company provides plus our award-winning customer service for a much lower fee. Our 30 plus years of experience plus the numerous transactions we do every year ensure that we know exactly what it takes to find a buyer for your home.
Will enough buyers see my listing if I list with an independent broker like Realstar?
Yes, Realtors use the MLS to pull listings that match the needs of their buyers. Your listing goes into that very same MLS.
Will a Realtor with a large franchise avoid showing my home because Realstar is an independent broker?
Remember, Realtors do not get paid until they find the perfect home for their buyer – which may be yours. Plus, the buyer’s Realtor still makes the traditional 2.5% commission. Realstar makes the discounted 1.4%.
Why should I list my home with Realstar instead of a franchise?
Realstar is a full-service discount broker, so we provide the same services you would get with a traditional real estate agent including:
- Your property listed on the national MLS, Homesnap,Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Redfin.com, Homes.com, Google, plus additional home buyer websites and relocation networks.
- Professional marketing including property photos, brochures and a yard sign with brochure box.
- Realtor Lockbox System.
Plus, Realstar provides:
- ShowingTime Showing Service that makes scheduling showings more convenient, including approval via text message. Gives total control to you, the seller. Service is not dependent on an agent to relay times back and forth.
- Customized feedback forms for your property, you can specify questions and answers regarding feedback you want to know. You receive forms as soon as the buyer’s agent send it to us!
- For Sale By Owner program.
- Award-winning customer service.